Modern technological equipment allows us to manufacture the top quality Paper Honeycomb with variety of geometrical and physical parameters. We can produce Paper Honeycomb with 6-sided core, up to 1600mm in width. This allows us to produce 3-layer honeycomb panels that are described in a corresponding section.
An automatic production line ensures manufacturing of Paper Honeycomb with infinite length and following characteristics:
- height(H) – 10 to 100mm;
- width(in unexpanded condition) – up to 1600mm;
- width in expanded condition(W) – up to 1280mm;
- length (L) – infinite;
- cell size(diameter of a circle inscribed in a hexagon) -14, 21 and 27mm;
- compressive strength – 1,4 – 5,5 kg/cm2.
- As a raw material for Paper Honeycomb production we use fluting with density 120-200gsm.
We can sell continuous paper honeycomb (without cardboard on top and bottom) and we also sell honeycomb panels. It is possible to glue continuous paper honeycomb to MDF, but it will require some preparations from your side – at least you will have to expand and fix this material. With honeycomb panels it will go much easier and faster. Also quality of gluing will be higher, as gluing surface will be larger.
How to Use Paper Honeycomb?
It is well-known that Paper Honeycomb has got several alternative materials. Paper Honeycomb is not going to supplant all traditional materials that are now used in furniture manufacturing. However, there are several directions, where it is almost impossible to compete with paper honeycomb.
- Firstly, it is manufacturing furniture elements of large height. In this case economical and physical characteristics match each other very well. When increasing the height of paper honeycomb, the level of strength of the furniture panel grows but the weight increases insufficiently. For example, a furniture panel 2000x800x50 weighs only around 2 kg. The weight of the same size panel made of particleboard weighs around 58 kg. It results in cutting costs on transportation and also you are not limited by standard dimensions of particleboard and can vary the sizes of paper honeycomb.
- Secondly, it is an opportunity to produce curvilinear furniture surfaces. You will not have any additional waste nor additional mechanical treatment when producing such items. In order to produce such constructions manufacturers usually over expand Paper Honeycomb in order to change the shape of a cell to tetragonal. Gluing of curvilinear furniture may be done in vacuum presses.
- Thirdly, it is manufacturing of flat furniture panels. The production of such items does not require additional mechanical treatment.
Paper Honeycomb is one of the most economically reasonable materials. High strength and low weight, low cost, eco-friendliness, high heat and noise insulation, ability to sustain impacts – these are the factors that determine the wide variety of appliances for Paper Honeycomb that is only limited by your imagination.
Eco-Friendliness of honeycomb paper
Paper Honeycomb is one of the most economically-reasonable materials. It also possesses a range of unique traits: high strength, low weight, good heat and noise insulation, eco-friendliness and ease of utilisation..
Transportation and Warehousing
Transportation and warehousing of Paper Honeycomb in unexpanded condition allows to:
- cut transportation costs;
- minimize warehousing area.
Transportation of furniture or furniture panel made of paper honeycomb allows increasing amount of goods loaded due to low weight of the product. This allows using the maximum capability of transport and cutting costs on transportation. Additionally, if we compare the same volume of Paper Honeycomb and particleboard, then Paper Honeycomb is much less in weight. This allows to use transportation without limit in weight.